1. A resolution passed under clause (1) of Article 249 shall remain in force for a period not exceeding–
(A) one month (B) three months (C) six months (D) one year (Ans : D)
2. The Sarkaria Commission was set-up for the review of relation between–
(A) the Prime Minister and President (B) the Legislative and the Executive
(C) the Centre and the States (D) the Executive and the Judiciary (Ans : C)
3. Internal Security Academy is located at–
(A) Mount Abu (B) Nasik (C) Hyderabad (D) Pune (Ans : A)
4. The State Finance Commission is a–
(A) Legal body (B) Non-statutory body (C) Constitutional body (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
5. Under which Article of the Indian Constitution, the Parliament can make laws on State list subject for giving effect to international agreements?
(A) Article 249 (B) Article 250 (C) Article 252 (D) Article 253 (Ans : D)
6. Under which Article of the Indian Constitution, there is a provision for the Election Commission?
(A) Article 320 (B) Article 322 (C) Article 324 (D) Article 326 (Ans : C)
7. The Supreme Court of India enunciated the doctrine of ‘Basic Structure of the Constitution’ in-
(A) the Golaknath Case in 1967 (B) the Sajjan Singh Case in 1965
(C) the Shankari Prasad Case in 1951 (D) the Keshavanand Bharati Case in 1973 (Ans : D)
8. Who among the following is authorised to make provisions with respect to the composition of Panchayats ?
(A) Governor of State (B) Legislature of State (C) Parliament of India (D) President of India (Ans : B)
9. Which part of the Constitution, has the provisions for Panchayati Raj System?
(A) IX (B) VI (C) III (D) IV (a) (Ans : A)
10. The Panchayati Raj System was adopted to–
(A) make people aware of politics (B) decentralise the power of democracy
(C) educate the peasants (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
11. Who is considered as the “Architect of Panchayati Ra]” in India?
(A) Acharya Narendra Deo (B) G.V.K. Rao (C) B.R. Mehta (D) L.M. Singhavi (Ans : C)
12. Consider the following statements–
Assertion A : Dr. Ambedkar had described Article 32 of the Constitution as the very soul of it.
Reason R : Article 32 provides effective remedy against the violation of Fundamental Rights.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below–
(A) A and R both are true and R is the correct explanation of A
(B) A and R both are true, but R is not the correct explanation of A
(C) A is true, but R is false,
(D) A is false, but R is true (Ans : A)
13. Reservation of seats in Panchayat elections for Scheduled Castes shall not apply to the State of–
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Assam (C) Arunachal Pradesh (D) Haryana (Ans : C)
14. According to Article 243(ZJ) of Indian Constitution the maximum number of directors of a cooperative society may by–
(A) 21 (B) 15 (C) 11 (D) 7 (Ans : A)
15. A Bill for the purpose of creating a new State in India must be passed by–
(A) a simple majority in Parliament and ratification by not less than two-third of the States (B) a simple majority in Parliament
(C) a two-third majority in Parliament and ratification by not less than two-third of the States (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
16. In India, who is competent to amend Fundamental Rights of the citizens?
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Rajya Sabha (C) Parliament (D) Supreme Court (Ans : C)
17. Which Article of the Indian Constitution is related to Indian Foreign Policy?
(A) Article 380 (B) Article 312 (C) Article 60 (D) Article 51 (Ans : D)
18. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists–
(a) Comptroller and Auditor General of India (b) Finance Commission
(c) Administrative Tribunal (d) Union Public Service Commission
1. Article 315 2. Article 280 3. Article 148 4. Article 323 (A)
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 2 4 1
(B) 3 4 2 1
(C) 1 2 4 3
(D) 4 1 3 2 (Ans : A)